Hey, Our Free eBook on Our ‘Friends Only’ Trip to Iceland!

As many of you who follow the blog know, this past June, 2012 Darwin and I traveled with a group of close friends to the northern clime of Iceland. With 14 photographers crammed into one bus (well, technically two buses were involved since one went kaput in the middle of the road during the trip) and incredible scenery flashing by, there was sure to be great images of the trip at the end! We wanted to showcase the stories, the place and each photographer’s unique view of this amazingly photographic country. A portfolio of images taken on the trip seemed just the ticket. The resulting eBook is more of a travelogue and record of our trip rather than a guide to Iceland. If you wish to visit yourself, Tim Vollmer was our photo guide — check out his dramatic images on his website. So, here’s the eBook just click on the photo below to download! Thank you to all of our friends who came on the trip, and thanks to those who ventured their images bravely forth for publication. And a huge hug to Stephen who put this book together (on the eve of his nuptials, no less!) pro bono for oopoomoo fans. To see even more images from our group please visit the Iceland Flickr Group. And stay tuned for more Iceland over the next few months as we wade through the photos and videos from this amazing tour!

Free eBook from oopoomoo!

1. Stephen
    September 20, 2012

Fun times and lets do this again some time. But for now, I must get ready for a wedding this weekend and venture off to Hawaii for my second volcanic island of the year.

September 20, 2012

Have fun on your wedding day and the honeymoon after — no serious photography OK?

Only happy vacation snaps please! Best to you both 😉

2. Ron
    September 20, 2012

Thanks for this… 122 pages that make me think… How do I get to Iceland soon!

Ron

3. Anne Jutras
    September 20, 2012

This e-book is full of fantastic shots!
    Very creative and each of you has is own vision, love it!

Thank you Sam & Darwin for such generosity!

4. Anne Jutras
    September 20, 2012

Oooh, thank you so much, Darwin! I truly appreciate it! 🙂

5. Nancy Nederlof
    September 21, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing — I’m looking forward to purchasing your other ebooks one by one as my skills advance.

6. Patrick Stuart
    September 21, 2012

I’m only 2/3 through, and I want to jump on the next plane to Iceland. Absolutely stunning work!

7. Andrew Scoggins
    September 23, 2012

Thanks so much for sharing this book with us.

Sarah (my partner) and I went to Iceland five years ago, and stayed in self catering accommodation in the south of the island for our week. Although we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and worked this part of Iceland well our choice of accommodation restricted how far afield we could travel (the furthest we got was the Snaefellsnes Peninsula).

We have said that we would like to go back and I think your book has now given us the incentive to make it happen in 2013.

Just one question though – can you give us a breakdown of where you stayed each night as you appeared to have covered a lot of ground in your two weeks, and we’d like to replicate your itinerary.

• Samantha
      September 24, 2012

Hi Andrew,

Glad the book rejuvenated your desire to see more of Iceland! Regarding our itinerary, we were under the care of photography guide Tim Vollmer who, understandably, does not publish his itineraries online. Unfortunately, he’s experienced other photo guides seeking to create their own tours by using his as a template. So, I would highly encourage you to contact Tim (link below) with your request and see if he has any advice to you. Or just use guide books — there was nothing secret really about our trip and no location that was not written about somewhere. Although access can sometimes be an issue and where hiring a photo guide who lives there comes in handy.

All the best in next year’s travels.

8. Anna
    September 25, 2012

Thanks for the ebook! What a visual treat – great to see each person’s take on the imagery.

9. mike pickard
    September 26, 2012

I live in a land of trees and to see this place that has no trees is a zen – like experience … I will stop , look and meditate on the stark beauty of Iceland… I wait to hear about your next excursion , thanks for this e-book .

10. Jeff Walton
    September 29, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to put this ebook together and for your willingness to share. We recently visited Iceland and what a treat! Iceland had been on my list of places to visit for a few years now, but it’s just one of those place where you just have to say “okay, lets just go now or we’ll never get there”. Thanks again, and it definitely is a worthwhile trip.

11. Nilo Ponce
    September 30, 2012

Hi there,

I want to thank for the amazing work you share (unbelievable free!) guys, the shot are amazing, the book in general is. I am looking for another book because I enjoy this one.

Congrats!

12. Corinne
    October 2, 2012

Absolutely stunning photography!! I literally had goose bumps looking through these photos. I am moving Iceland up a bit higher on my bucket list now!

Please keep up with your ebooks and articles. I have learned much from you two and aspire to have even a pinkie’s worth of your talent and vision.