Happy Birthday, oopoomoo!

This year marks oopoomoo’s second anniversary, and December 1 is two years since launch. Woot! We are fortunate enough to have lots of creatives who share their time on oopoomoo including Stephen, Catherine, Dave and John (watch for further info on their personal Projects coming soon).

The oopoomoo team

The creative team members who lend their talents to oopoomoo!

This past year has been busy and exciting:

• oopoomoo hosted over 11 educational workshops, talks and free walks
  • we updated our website with a spiffy new look (thank you thank you thank you to our designer, Stephen)
  • we published 5 eBooks, including signing up new author/photographer Dave Brosha (watch for more from Dave soon, hint hint)
  • creativity continues to be very important on oopoomoo, so we introduced the concept of Projects where oopoomoo team members can create inspiring works to share with the world — just ’cause

And we’re looking forward to another wonderful year sharing the awesomeness that is photography!

Speaking of sharing, we’ve created a special group on facebook called oopoomoo Workshops. This group is open for anyone to join — you need not have attended a workshop before. We created this page as a forum for people to share photographs from oopoomoo workshops, ask questions about the workshops, or just questions in general about oopoomoo and what we do. Although we publish participant images from the workshops on the blog, we know that you can’t always get through all your shots by our publication deadline…the group gives you another chance to share your work down the road. We’ll be hanging out in the group too, but definitely pose your questions and share your images with members of the group for solid (and unbiased!) feedback.

So consider this an open invite to join the group and benefit from the experiences and knowledge of group members!

A toast: To oopoomoo!

Hey oopoomoo, you're pretty cute!

Cheers to oopoomoo!

1. Marco

Happy birthday!

2. Anne Jutras
    December 1, 2013

Congrats to both of you and the others! Love your work!

3. Robert van Essen
    December 1, 2013

Congrats on your continued success,it is a welcome sight when I open my email and see “OOPOOMOO”.Here is to many more years,CHEERS!

4. Layton Fisher
    December 1, 2013

Congratulations !!!! I met you both at a workshop a few years ago in Moncton and have followed your work since. So clear, so creative, so generous.
    As my grandmother used to say “Good on You”.

5. Donald Esfeld
    December 1, 2013

Please keep up the great articles from oopoomoo. I have enjoyed them and learned from them. Both are you are very charitable in your giving of your talents to us. Thank you, Thank you. Don Esfeld

6. Stefan

Hi there,
    Congratulations with all your achievements and many many thanks for sharing your creative results and knowledge/experience via your eBooks. Especially I learned a lot from your Tilt Shift ebook and the Filter one.
    I really wish you all the best and please keep sharing!
    Cheers
    Stefan

7. Erik

Happy birthday!

8. Kim

Happy Birthday Oopoomoo!!

9. Shirley
    December 1, 2013

Congratulations and Happy Birthday Oopoomoo!!!

10. Chris Bone
    December 1, 2013

Let me add my congratulations on reaching the Terrible Twos. You have built a community based on your support and generosity towards others. If only more businesses would adopt a similar philosophy… Thank you Oopoomoo. I look forward to attending more of your workshops and events in the future.

December 2, 2013

thanks Chris, we look forward to working with you in the future!

11. Celso Bressan

Congratualtions, team!

Bressan

12. John Fujimagari
    December 1, 2013

Wow! Two years, Time Flies. Keep up the Great Work!

13. Drake Dyck
    December 2, 2013

Congratulations on your first two years to everyone at Oopoomoo! I’m looking forward to many more excellent articles, outstanding images and great advice in the coming years.

14. Dave W
    December 2, 2013

Congratulations on two great years! Know your time and efforts are appreciated.

December 2, 2013

Thanks Dave, we are glad our efforts help a little bit.

15. Hendrik Boesch
    December 2, 2013

Congratulations! Still remember how you got me hooked 5 years ago on the winter tour, barely knowing how to switch on my camera, crawling on the frozen lake thinking the ice will break, climbing down slopes I usually wouldn’t unless someone threatened me with a gun, all just to make stunning images!

Thanks for all the efforts you guys make to help other photographers to improve! You rock!

16. Jeff
    December 3, 2013

Whoa! This year went by fast. Congrats on another year Team Oopoomoo!

17. Royce Howland
    December 3, 2013

Happy #2 to oopoomoo! :) May there be many more to come…

18. Ian McGillvrey
    December 3, 2013

Congrats guys on the first two years! I’m always inspired by your commitment to evaluating, changing, improving, and moving forward… The wheels are always turning! It’s been great to watch your business transform these last two years and I look froward to what’s coming. Keep up the great work! Seriously, you’re work IS great and simply can’t be found anywhere else.

Ian

19. Bojan Volcansek
    December 5, 2013

Happy Birthday!!!
    Sorry for late congratulations – I had it in my calendar at December 4th – not 1st!!!

My birthday present for you is a treat for myself – your wonderful Icefields Parkway book!

Thank you for the most wonderful photo site on the entire world wide web!

yours truly
    Bojan

20. Maurice (Moe) Hebert
    December 9, 2013

Thanks for all your hard work and photographic inspiration from this American by birth but Canadian at heart. Long live PEI, NB and oopoomoo.