Stop the press! We’ve got wind of a GIANT Spring Photography Sale benefiting the IRIS Photographic Society of Alberta. If you’re looking for quality cameras, lenses, flashes, tripods and accessories at great prices, then save the date — May 18 from 10-2 at Lofts on the Bow in Cochrane (44077 George Fox Trail).
Besides awesome gear at great prices, you’ve got an amazing opportunity to impress your father-in-law/future wife/difficult boss with your awesome taste in fine photographic art since there will also be photography books and fine art prints on offer. My Mom has her Christmas shopping done in July hint hint. And the best part is that 10% of the proceeds from the entire sale go to IRIS to support this wonderful non-profit dedicated to using photography as a vehicle for cultural connection and visual story-telling! Yippee! Spread the news!
(ok, ok, maybe not. Since it’s such an awesome chance to get that photographic piece de resistance…you could tweet just your BFFs. Or text your Sunday afternoon fishin’ buddy… Just sayin’ they’ll love you more if you do.)
Sunday May 18, 2014, 10 am to 2 pm
Lofts on the Bow, 44077 George Fox Trail, Cochrane, Alberta – see map here. Parking available in the gravel lot opposite Lofts on the Bow.
First come first served! Most sellers will be cash only. Please don’t try to haggle/buy in advance — all items are sold as is on the date of the event.
There will be lots of goodies for sale! Below is a partial list with more stuff to be added. Stay tuned for subsequent posts for prices and updates.
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 with adapter for Canon EOS mount (or use it on a Nikon), arguably the best wide angle zoom ever made by anyone, great for landscape and architecture use.
- Sigma 300-800mm f/5.6 super telephoto zoom, excellent optics and the king of versatility for Canon long zooms, fantastic for wildlife & birds; comes with a Wimberley Mk I gimbal tripod head and a 1.4X converter .
- Sigma 150-300mm f/2.8 non-stabilized telephoto zoom, one of the best mid-range zoom lenses for Canon in terms of versatility, great for indoor & outdoor sports, wildlife and more, comes with a 1.4X converter.
- Canon 24-105mm IS, a very versatile walk-around lens.
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4, one of the very best “nifty fifties” made for Canon, incredibly bright and crisp.
- Canon 100mm Macro lens, one of the best macros for Canon.
- Canon EOS 7D, Canon’s “serious” 1.6 crop camera for heavy use and action shooting; with battery grip and RRS “L” plate.
- Canon EOS 5D (Mk I), the original gold standard full frame digital 35mm, an excellent starter for landscape use; with battery grip and RRS “L” plate.
- 2 x Canon EOS 30D bodies each with battery grip and RRS “L” plate; good starter cameras or perhaps useful for IR conversion.
- A Leica film camera… model number to be announced.
- Visatec Solo 1600B Studio Flash and Genesis G-800 Studio Flash.
- Wescott 43 inch studio unbrellas (white and silver).
- Lightrein 24 inch octo softbox with Lighttools 40 degree egg crate.
- Beauty dish with diffusers for studio flashes.
- Studio light stands, snoots, barn doors, and flash gels.
- Studio backdrops and studio backdrop stands.
- Studio reflectors, diffusers, and scrims.
- Slik Professional 4 tripod and Acratech Ball head.
- 2 brand new Nanook 940 Plastic waterproof cases.
- Lowepro and Tamrac photo bag.s
- Canvas and Metal Fine Art Prints at cost (from IRIS photographers).
- Matted prints from IRIS photographers at cost.
- Lots of photo accessories, photography books and goodies for photographers.
- A give away bin with a load of useful stuff.
Come on out to Cochrane and meet the IRIS gang and get some good deals on photo gear and support a great non-profit photography organization. See you there!