#myoopoomoobest2015 – The top 15 images by oopoomoo creatives

Samantha and I have curated what we think are the top 15 images submitted by our awesome Newsletter subscribers. To be considered, subscribers tagged their image with #myoopoomoobest2015 as a request to be considered in this blog post. Some sent their image by email and some posted to the oopoomoo Creatives Facebook group. We encouraged people to submit one image that represented their best work based on the following criteria:

• represent who they are photographically as an artist or demonstrate something they learned this year
  • be as well-composed as they can do at their learning level, and
  • be taken ethically.

We kept these guidelines in mind when choosing the photos for display here on the blog. It was a tough choice with over 100 images to choose from but the ones below best represented fresh seeing, original creative vision and good story-telling. So many images ‘almost’ made the cut and Sam and I wrestled and argued and debated the final 15. So, bruised and beaten, we present our choices. Enjoy and happy 2016!

Al Dixon

©Vartkes Peltekoglu

Vicki Brown

©Vicki Brown

©Vicki Brown

1. Ted Evans
    December 31, 2015

My favorite is the fawn taken by
    Nathalie Greenwood. It is the one
    I would be the most proud had I
    been blessed to be at the right place
    at the right time.
    Happy New Year to both of you and
    all your followers.
    Ted Evans, Alabama, USA

2. Darlene Willment
    December 31, 2015

As a person who loves Photography and photos, great top 15.
    Congrats too all for a good eye.

The only competition is usually to best yourself. As well as the thrill and excitement when you feel that you scored that shot you tried so hard to get.

Thanks to you both Samantha & Darwin for such a great place to showcase photos and be able to learn.
    Happy New Years.

3. Lynn Smith
    December 31, 2015

Wow All I can say to each and everyone of you. They are Awesome images showing your artistic talent. Congrats to each of you.

4. Henrik
    December 31, 2015

Thx for including my submission 🙂 ! I also enjoyed the creativity of others gleaming through the images! Best Wishes and a Happy New Year, Henrik

5. sue
    December 31, 2015

Nice choices……thank you for taking the time to do this as it is such a busy time of year. All the best to the both of you for 2016

6. sue

Vicki Brown…I love your picture

• Darlene Willment
      January 2, 2016

7. Gerry Hiebert
    December 31, 2015

Thank you Darwin & Sam for creating space for us to share our passion! Great collection, well done everyone!!

8. Christian
    December 31, 2015

These are all amazing shots! Good choices all! (Maybe next time…(sniff)

9. Mary Chris Hines
    December 31, 2015

My favorite is the landscape by Vartkes Peltekoglu and a close second is the one taken by Vicki Brown. All are marvelous though! They are all setting the bar very high! 🙂

10. Connie Quinton
    December 31, 2015

Awesome photos to everyone! Really enjoy all of them! Thanks to Darwin and Samantha. Happy New Year to all!

11. Laurie Sinclair
    December 31, 2015

Enjoy, and love every single one! And shall look at them over and over!
    What talented photographers.

12. vartkes peltekoglu
    December 31, 2015

Sharing images with an audience, beyond one’s social circle is damn hard. So thank you Sam and Darwin for providing the space for your audience to share their images. Any feedback, such as this effort from you and others in the Group is icing on the cake! So thank you.

13. Joanne Bradley
    December 31, 2015

Spectacular shots! Congratulations to all images and photographers selected!

14. Chris F. Payant
    December 31, 2015

Thank you all so much for the wonderful feedback and I am honoured to have my photograph selected. They are all beautiful and there is such amazing talent in this group. I have been learning so much from all of you. Thanks to Samantha and Darwin. All the best for 2016.

15. Kat Enns
    December 31, 2015

It is an honor to have my image included in this group of wonderful photographs, thank you. And Happy New Year!

16. Fred Monk
    January 1, 2016

What a great sample of these gifted artists. An inspiration as we begin this new year. This should be a monthly event (though I’m sure it takes a lot of time and effort to sort through the many submissions).

17. Roy McLaughlin
    January 2, 2016

A short note to thank Samantha and Darwin for providing us (photographers) with this venue to display our work as well as my appreciation in their selecting one of my images for 2015.

18. Bill Warmington
    January 2, 2016

While I am slightly disappointed at not making to cut,(who am I trying to kid),when I look at these shots I see how much more creative they are and realize that I am going to have to extract myself from my little box and start to think outside it. Congratulations to all those picked, there is some really good work here. I look forward to the 2016 picks

19. Derrald Farnsworth-Livingston
    January 5, 2016

I really enjoyed this collection. Everyone has different tastes, vision, and style and it really comes through with this post. Darwin and Sam, thank you for curating this, I’m sure it was a difficult task!

20. Annie
    January 5, 2016

A wonderful selection of inspiring works! The one that I really wish I had taken is by Bill McQuarrie, although below it Chris’ image runs a very close second. I am so appreciative of the time you’ve obviously taken Samantha and Darwin in curating this selection and all the inspiration you give to me and my little camera.

21. George
    January 8, 2016

Darn. got busy and forgot to submit my best.
    Ryan, I love that lightning shot.