NEW! – Resolve Photography eCourse

We’re excited to announce a new course on oopoomoo! Resolve: Discover Your Creative Self is a self-directed eCourse all about YOU!

There are plenty of ‘how to’ courses in photography – heck, we’ve taught our fair share of ’em! – but what seems to be missing is a backgrounder course that explores your inspirations and motivations behind pressing the shutter. What are your photographic strengths and weaknesses? What are you most terrified of photographing? What new heights could you reach artistically if you were able to peek under the hood and understand the why of photography for you?

By parts fun-silly and brutally direct, the Resolve Photography eCourse is a little like a self-help course complete with its own straitjacket. There’s no empty fluff here! Expect to dig deeper with daily challenging assignments designed to peel back the comfortable complacency we often settle into as artists. It’s like that paternalistic Polonius guy said to Laertes, “to thine own self be true” because then you can’t be false to any man – or your photographs! Something like that.

So is 2016 the year you invest in your photography? Then it’s essential you start off on the right foot by understanding who YOU are as a photographer and the talent that underlies your images.

Photographer, Kootenay Plains, Alberta, Canada

What will you find? ©Samantha Chrysanthou

Intrigued? Are you ready to soar creatively? Then check out our Resolve: Discover Your Creative Self eCourse. Our first session sold out in three days. We are offering a second session this January but again with limit spaces.

1. Dave Benson
    December 8, 2015

Great direction…

2. Tasha
    December 8, 2015

Hi there! This sounds intriguing!
    Question about the photography assignments – I work full time so I was wondering whether the assignments require a lot of time out and about in natural light (read -Toronto darkness in the winter), because that might be challenging unless I take time off to really give myself a chance to enjoy the course.

December 8, 2015

Tasha,

The assignments require about one hour per day. The readings maybe another hour. The photo assignments can be done anywhere, indoors, in your kitchen, in your bathroom, in the lunch room at work anywhere you can turn on a light 😉

Hope that helps, Darwin

3. Drake Dyck
    December 8, 2015

It sounds like a great course. I’m sure there will be a lot to learn and it will be a lot of fun. I would love to take the course but will be away from my computer for most of the days it is being run. I’d have access to my camera and iPad, to view the course content on, but wouldn’t be able to process or download my images right away. Would it be possible to follow along daily and process photos later or would that not work well?

December 8, 2015

Hi Drake!

It’s best to be able if you are able to take one to two hours per day during the course (Jan 3 – Jan 9) and do the assignments. You can shoot in JPEG and upload the photos that day so you do not have to process them if that helps you participate. It’ll be more beneficial if you can follow the assignments and upload daily during the course. IF not, then we may run the course at a different date if there is demand.

4. Gail Reichert
    December 11, 2015

Hi Darwin,
    I am interested but would not do the nude assignment, is that a problem?
    Gail

December 11, 2015

There is no assignment on nudes, just an inspiring example of one of us getting out of our comfort zone by trying a style of photography we never thought we would do. The assignment is along those lines.

5. Carolyn
    December 11, 2015

Sounds interesting. How much does it cost?

6. Sheila
    December 12, 2015

Darwin, will there be a 3rd session?…just went to sign up and see 2nd is sold out already 🙁

December 21, 2015

We’ll run the first two sessions and then possibly do a third, we’ll announce it in our newsletter first, so if you want first dibs, then just sign up for our newsletter on the blog.

7. Carol
    December 12, 2015

I wanted to sign up but it seems the courses are full – am I correct? If so, please advise if you do this again.

Thanks.

8. Barb B
    December 14, 2015

Any chance of a third class?

9. Megan
    December 15, 2015

I would be interested as well, could there be a 3rd class?

December 21, 2015

Stay tuned in the future, if you sign up for our newsletter we announce classes there first.

10. Jocelyne
    December 16, 2015

The same for me, I tried to sign up around the 12 december but it was already full… Is there a chance for a 3rd class? It would be great!
    Hoping,
    Jocelyne

December 21, 2015

Hi Jocelyne,

We may have a third class but first we want to run the first two 😉