The Tilt-Shift Lens Advantage for Outdoor & Nature Photography
For us, no other other tool in our camera bags offers as many technical and creative advantages than the tilt-shift lens. What other lens allows you to correct keystoning in-camera, make seamless horizontal and vertical panoramas, create giant, megapixel monster images, alter the plane of focus for incredible apparent sharpness independent of aperture, and manufacture dreamy, blurred and miniaturized-looking images? And, best of all, every one of these techniques is created in-camera with nary a pixel altered by less capable software substitutes! If you think that’s amazing, think again because we have not even mentioned the mega-sized super powers of tilt and shift in combination! The possibilities are almost endless. In the hands of an artist, a tilt-shift lens is a superhero paintbrush! To create art you still to know how use the brush, but once you do, watch out: your creativity will be unleashed and your photography will never be the same. We promise.
This promise of increased creativity is wonderful but tilt-shift lenses are famous for befuddling their owners. They are tricky to use and many people give up on them too soon. That’s too bad because understanding these lenses is not hard if you are given good instruction. But good instruction is lacking and that is why we created this eBook. Find out everything you need to know about using a tilt-shift lens by following our step-by-step recipes. With a little practice you’ll soon step away from our starter recipes and begin creating on your own; you’ll be a master chef of the tilt-shift in no time!
- The Benefits of Tilt-Shift Lenses
- The Drawbacks of Tilt-Shift Lenses
- What is a Tilt-Shift Lens?
- How do Tilt-shift Lenses Work?
- The Super Powers of Shift
- Shift for Perspective Control
- Workflow for Perspective Control
- Shift for Horizontal Panoramic Photos
- Workflow for Horizontal Panoramic Photos
- Shift for Vertical Panoramic Photos
- Workflow for Vertical Panoramic Photos
- Shifting too Far!
- Shift for Megapixel Monster Images
- Workflow for Megapixel Monster Images
- The Dark Side of Shifting
- Using Tilt to Alter the Plane of Focus
- Matching the Plane of Focus with the Subject Plane
- Workflow for Matching the Plane of Focus with the Subject Plane
- Dealing with Multiple Subject Planes
- Aperture Choice with Tilt
- A Workflow Shortcut for Matching Focus and Subject Planes Quickly
- Tilting for Miniaturization
- Tilt and Shift Together for the Ultimate in Creative Control
- Tilt for Sharpness, Shift for Panorama
- Workflow for Tilt for Sharpness, Shift for Panorama
- Shift for Perspective, Tilt for Sharpness
- Workflow for Shift for Perspective, Tilt for Sharpness
- Shift for Perspective, Shift for Vertical Panorama and Tilt for Sharpness
- Workflow for Shift for Perspective, Shift for Vertical Panorama and Tilt for Sharpness
- Which Tilt-Shift Lens to Buy?
- Are Tilt-Shift Lenses for You?
- Links to our instructional tilt-shift videos
- Resources for Tilt-Shift Lenses
- Cost : $20.00
- Author: Darwin Wiggett & Samantha Chrysanthou
- Pages: 64
- Images: 89
- File Type: PDF
- File Size: 13.2 MB
European Union Residents: Please note that due to amendments to EU VAT rules, we are no longer selling automatic digital downloads of our eBooks to EU buyers. If you are an EU citizen and wish to purchase our eBooks, please contact us to arrange a custom download.